Alchemy Film & Arts is seeking an Administrative Assistant, a key role in the development and delivery of organisational operations. The Administrative Assistant will work across the organisation’s many systems, projects, partnerships and operations, with a focus on administration, archiving, marketing and project assistance.
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking for a developmental role in cultural production and arts administration. Opportunities for training and career development will be built into the role in negotiation with the aims and aspirations of the successful candidate.
We would particularly welcome applicants with experience of living with a disability, lived experiences of LGBTQ+ issues, applicants who have experienced racism, individuals from a low-income socio-economic background, and individuals across a variety of age ranges.
- Marketing assistance, including social media content generation
- Generating graphics and promotional materials
- Sending newsletters to Alchemy’s mailing list
- Document drafting and preparation
- Typesetting of reports and public documents
- Assisting with evaluation structures and methodologies
- Data analytics and collation
- Maintenance of filing systems
- Maintaining Alchemy’s press archive
- Developing and maintaining Alchemy’s project archive
- Communication with audiences and partners
- Answering enquiries
- Scheduling calendars
- Working with wider Alchemy team, including new trainees
- Monthly meetings with Alchemy Directors
- Upholding Alchemy’s commitment to inclusivity, access, and environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Confidence with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Time and task management skills
Fee: £18,800 per annum
Term: Fixed term July 2021 – December 2022 (expected 3-4 days per week)
Location: Alchemy Film & Arts, Hawick, Scottish Borders
This contract for services is offered on a freelance, self-employed basis. The parties to this agreement will agree a schedule of deliverables on a month-by-month basis. The contractor will invoice monthly for the fulfilment of agreed deliverables.
Please send a CV and Cover Letter outlining your relevant experience and why you’re interested in the role of Administrative Assistant to:
Please specify in your email subject heading your name and the role you are applying for.
Deadline: Midnight, Tuesday 15 June
Interview: Tuesday 22 June via Zoom