Alchemy Live, the free worldwide stream of Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival 2020, will be viewable here during the festival itself.
Further information about subtitles and flashing or strobe-like effects for all 72 films in the programme can be found here.
As there are many variables that can have an impact on the quality and reliability of your streaming experience, we ask you to read the viewing tips below.
- We strongly recommend using Google Chrome. We have found Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari to be less reliable.
- The stream opens 15 minutes before the advertised start of each programme (e.g. at 10.45am for an 11am start), allowing you to settle in and test that the stream itself is working.
- If the stream does not automatically play when you first arrive on the page, try refreshing the page.
- Issues such as looping and lagging are most often sorted by refreshing the page.
- For stability, we recommend connecting to your router using a cable (Ethernet etc).
- To improve the strength of your internet connection, try to limit the number of devices connected to the router you are using.
- We recommend closing all other windows, programmes and apps on the device you are using to view the stream.
- In the event of a technical interruption we should be able to notify you on the stream itself, and we thank you for your patience in waiting for a few minutes while we correct the issue.
- If the stream unexpectedly goes offline, please check your internet connection.
- If the programme unexpectedly ends, it is likely a problem at our end and you should refresh the page while we work on sorting the issue.
- Please note the quality of the stream is sometimes affected by variables beyond our control.
- As in the cinema, you will not be able to skip forward or backward on the timeline of the stream. Alchemy Live is a live event: we regret that a programme cannot be restarted for latecomers.
- We encourage you to watch the film in full-screen mode by hovering your cursor over the stream and clicking the symbol that appears in the bottom-right corner.
- The stream is available in up to 1080p quality, which you can opt for by clicking the symbol that appears when you hover your cursor over the stream. Please note your internet speed may not accommodate seamless viewing in 1080p.
- A chat panel can be found beneath the stream, where you are invited to connect with other viewers. The chat panel will also open for 15 minutes after each programme, where you are invited to let us know what you thought.
For further queries and troubleshooting please contact our Print Traffic Coordinator, Helen MacKenzie, to briefly explain your problem: firstname.lastname@example.org.