The eleventh edition of Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival will take place 29 April – 3 May 2021.
Alchemy Film & Arts champions the highest quality in experimental film and artists’ moving image. Our annual festival platforms short and feature-length work in the form of cinema screenings, multi-channel installations and live audiovisual performances.
DEADLINES AND ENTRY FEES
- Earlybird Deadline/Entry Fee – 4 September 2020/£5
- Regular Deadline/Entry Fee – 4 December 2020/£8
- For our 2021 edition, Installations and Expanded Cinema proposals are free to submit.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- All short and feature-length films intended to be shown in a cinema should be submitted here.
- All installations and expanded cinema proposals should be submitted here.
- We are happy to offer fee waivers to any artist in need of one. Get in touch here – no questions asked!
- We also waive fees for anyone who lives in the Scottish Borders. Get in touch here if you are a Scottish Borders resident.
- We have no restrictions on the premiere status of a film, though prefer not to screen work that has already been widely shown in Scotland. We will also favour work completed after 1 January 2020.
- We have increased our screening fees for all work selected from submissions:
— £50 per short or medium-length film (less than 60 minutes)
— £100 per feature-length film (more than 60 minutes)
— Installations and performances are remunerated according to the specific needs and nature of the work
- All payments will be made via PayPal after the Festival.
FORMATS AND CAPTIONS
- We screen films from DCP and 16mm, and can accept most other common digital formats.
- We are providing all films with captions/Subtitles for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (SDH) audiences, in the event captions/SDH are not already available.
SELECTION AND PRINT TRAFFIC
- All notifications of selection will be sent out in early March 2021 if not before.
- Final screening copies should be received by us within 4 weeks of notification.
- In the case of digital files, we prefer to receive final screening copies electronically – i.e., via Dropbox, WeTranser or download link.