We are currently seeking a marketing assistant to support the delivery of the eleventh edition of our flagship event, Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival (29 April – 3 May 2021).
Term: 15 March – 7 May 2021
Fee: £3000 (freelance contract estimated at 2 – 3 days per week to fulfill deliverables)
Reporting to: Michael Pattison, Co-Director, Alchemy Film & Arts
Alchemy Film & Arts is a cultural organisation invested in film as a means of generating discussion, strengthening community, and stimulating creative thought.
We bring the highest quality experimental film to Hawick and the Scottish Borders, celebrating artistic excellence through a diverse range of year-round events – including exhibitions, commissions, residencies and an internationally renowned annual film festival.
Alchemy seeks a marketing assistant to support the delivery of the eleventh edition of its flagship event, Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival (29 April – 3 May 2021).
Taking place online, this year’s festival will build on the success of the 2020 edition, which achieved record attendances as a free-to-view worldwide stream. The festival is an intensification of Alchemy’s year-round programme and platforms the highest quality in experimental film, artists’ moving image and animation.
At Alchemy, we hold ourselves to high standards in hospitality and communication, and welcome applicants with experience in developing and delivering a digital marketing campaign.
Given the remote nature of digital working, the successful candidate will be proactive and confident in working independently. They will have excellent attention to detail, enjoy working in a small team, and place high importance on prose style and branding consistency.
- Devise and deliver a marketing plan that works to multiple deadlines and milestones
- Research, identify and engage distinct audiences for multiple programme strands within the festival
- Write and schedule newsletters and press releases
- Coordinate and maintain Alchemy’s social media channels
- Maintain a high standard in copywriting across all public platforms
- Undertake a post-festival evaluation that includes website and social media analytics
- Experience of delivering a successful online marketing campaign for a UK film festival or similar
- Strong knowledge of relevant social media apps and digital publishing tools
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail to ensure consistent adherence to style guide
- Experience in working successfully to deadlines in a digital context
- Experience of working within a team
Please send an email to email@example.com along with a current CV, a short example of your writing and a cover letter outlining why you think your experience makes you suited for the role.
28 February 2021, 10pm
Interviews will take place via video call on Thursday 4 and/or Friday 5 March 2021.
Alchemy Film & Arts is committed to improving equality and equity across the arts. Our Inclusivity Policy can be found here: https://alchemyfilmandarts.org.uk/inclusivity-policy/.