– Who we are
– Why we collect and process information about you
– What information we collect and when we collect it
– What we do with it, and how we keep it secure
– How our website collects and uses information
– And how you can control our use of it
Who we are
Alchemy Film & Arts exists to champion the development of independent arts and film related projects in the Scottish Borders region and Scotland as a whole. It aims to advance the arts, by the practice, knowledge, understanding and appreciation of visual arts and film.
Alchemy Film & Arts is a registered Scottish Charity: SC042142.
Why we collect and process information about you
We need it to provide you with and to keep you informed about our charitable activities , which include:
– Exhibition opportunities
– Our film festival, including submissions
– Events and other artistic opportunities (e.g. residencies)
– Volunteer opportunities
– Sale of tickets and Alchemy merchandise
– Contacting you to respond to your queries
– Contacting you to ask you to respond to surveys
We may also need to process your data to comply with legal obligations.
What information we collect and when we collect it
We may collect information about you whenever you engage with us, including:
– When you subscribe to our mailing list
– When you place an order for our tickets or products
– When you submit work to the festival
– When you submit applications for any other Alchemy Film & Arts programme or event.
– When you voluntarily provide feedback or complete surveys (online and offline)
– When you contact us by email
– We may also collect website usage information, (see below for more information)
We may collect the following information:
– Your name and contact information. E.g. your email address
– Information necessary to process exhibition, residency, and film submission applications, including:
– Information about your submitted work
– Screening links
– CVs and portfolios
– Professional Biographical information
– Images – from submitted work and headshots
What we do with your information, and how we keep it secure
We will never give or sell your details to any other organisation. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How our website collects and uses information
We use Google Analytics to learn how our website is performing and to help us to continually improve the site’s functionality. Any analytics data that is collected, processed and stored while you are on our website is anonymous, secure and kept confidential.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you use these links to leave our site, you should understand that we do not have any control over that website.
Third Party Cookies
During your visits to our website you may be delivered cookies by third-party websites. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Vimeo or Eventbrite, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Alchemy does not control the dissemination of these cookies.
How you can control our use of your information
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time, by going here and entering your email address:
You can also unsubscribe by clicking ’unsubscribe’ on the bottom of any of our newsletters.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you be emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will always do our best to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate, and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.