- Who we are
- Why we collect and process information about you
- What information we collect and when we collect it
- What we do with it and how we keep it secure
- How our website collects and uses information
- How you can control our use of it
WHO WE ARE
Alchemy Film & Arts is a cultural organisation invested in film as a means of generating discussion, strengthening community, and stimulating creative thought.
We bring the highest quality experimental film to Hawick and the Scottish Borders, celebrating artistic excellence through a diverse range of year-round events – including community filmmaking opportunities, screenings, exhibitions, commissions, residencies and an internationally renowned annual film festival.
Alchemy Film & Arts is a registered Scottish Charity: SC042142.
WHY WE COLLECT AND PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect information to better understand our audiences and the artists we work with, to gather feedback on our events and activities, and to keep you informed about our charitable activities, which include:
- Screenings, exhibitions, discussions and other events
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival
- Open calls for creative opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Sale of tickets and Alchemy merchandise
- Contacting you to respond to your queries
- Contacting you to ask you to respond to surveys
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. Legal ground may be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, when you voluntarily fill in surveys or applications, or subscribe to our mailing list. You can withdraw consent at any time.
- Legitimate interests: This refers to our function and duties as a charity invested in creative arts and film opportunities and activities. This includes information generated from Google Analytics and social media analytical tools, which allows us to better understand our audiences and promote programmes and services more efficiently.
- Performance of a contract with you: For example, if you purchase tickets or merchandise, or are being paid for contracted services, we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process such an agreement.
- Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHEN WE COLLECT IT
We may collect information about you whenever you engage with us, including:
- When you subscribe to our mailing list
- When you place an order for our tickets or products
- When you take part in community filmmaking workshops and events
- When you submit films to Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival
- When you submit applications for Alchemy Film & Arts programmes or events
- When you voluntarily provide feedback or complete surveys (online and offline)
- When you contact us by email
- We may also collect website usage information (see below for more information)
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information, such as email address or phone number
- Information regarding emergency contact details, if you are volunteering or taking part in an event or workshop
- Permission to appear in photographs and documentation of events
- Information necessary to process exhibition, residency, and film submission applications, including:
— Information about your submitted films
— Screening links to your films
— CVs and portfolios
— Professional biographical information
— Images from submitted films
— Portrait image
— Your pronouns
We also collect inclusivity monitoring information to better understand our audiences, participants and the artists we work with. This includes information on gender, ethnicity, disability, age and sexual orientation.
We may share anonymised information, with no identifying details, with organisations such as our core funder Creative Scotland. They use this information to analyse audience reach, artist and filmmaker reach, and the social investment of our projects.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE KEEP IT SECURE
We will never give or sell your personal details to any other organisation. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
At Alchemy we use Outlook email and Microsoft Teams for core communication. This is part of a secure system, which safely stores files with appropriate restrictions in place. We use YourMailingListProvider, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to communicate news with our followers, and we also host a website and Vimeo channel.
HOW OUR WEBSITE COLLECTS AND USES INFORMATION
We use Google Analytics to learn how our website is performing and to help us to continually improve the site’s functionality. Any analytics data that is collected, processed and stored while you are on our website is anonymous, secure and kept confidential.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you use these links to leave our site, you should understand that we do not have any control over that website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
During your visits to our website you may be delivered cookies by third-party websites. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Vimeo or Eventbrite, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Alchemy does not control the dissemination of these cookies.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You can unsubscribe from our Mailing List at any time, by going here and entering your email address.
You can also unsubscribe by clicking ’unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any of our Newsletters.
We will always do our best to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate, and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you be emailing us: email@example.com.