Read More is an ongoing Alchemy Film & Arts project designed to encourage additional engagement with its film exhibitions and other events. Available to read at relevant exhibitions and in Common Room, the open-access space inside the Alchemy Film & Arts office, Read More consists of books and other reading materials recommended by artists to complement their Alchemy-related events.
Demelza Kooij‘s contribution to Read More coincides with Wolves from Above, her award-winning film, which will be shown for the first time in a new exhibition context on Hawick High Street, 16 – 29 November 2019.
Capturing the interactions and behaviours of a pack of wolves through a single drone shot, Wolves from Above explores spectatorship and the role of technology in defining human-animal relationships. Its exhibition in Hawick is part of Forage/Image, Alchemy’s project exploring the relationship between artists, landscapes and environment.
- BURNINGHAM, John (1978). Would You Rather… London: Red Fox.
- DURRELL, Gerald (1956). My Family and Other Animals. London: Penguin.
- LAWRENCE, Michael & MACMAHON, Laura (eds.) (2015). Animal Life & The Moving Image. London: Bloomsbury/British Film Institute.
- LOPEZ, Barry (1978). Of Wolves and Men. New York: Simon & Schuster.
- RAMOS, Filipa (ed.) (2016). Animals (Documents of Contemporary Art). London: Whitechapel Gallery.