Alchemy Film & Arts is offering Traineeships throughout 2021-22 to three individuals who are looking to develop skills and experience in the arts, film and cultural management sector.
Each Traineeship is a development opportunity and will involve supported working, peer learning, and regular reflection. Alchemy Film & Arts Trainees will work with the Alchemy team on a variety of tasks and operations core to our public programme and internal workflow. The Trainee will be a vital part of the Alchemy Film & Arts team, learning and developing through a range of creative, production, engagement and administrative duties.
This is a unique training opportunity for a young professional seeking work experience in events management, participatory arts projects, creative industries, film, administration and marketing.
All tasks will be accompanied with appropriate support, guidance, access, training and resources. We value and integrate reflection and evaluation as a core part of our operations, and these will be formally embedded into the trainee scheme through verbal and written feedback.
We would particularly welcome applicants with experience of living with a disability, lived experiences of LGBTQ+ issues, applicants who have experienced racism, individuals from a low-income socio-economic background, and individuals across a variety of age ranges.
- Assistance and training in public project outputs
- Shadowing and active mentorship with Alchemy specialists
- Input into visual outputs and printed materials
- Proofreading and data handling
- Assistance in advertising and promotion
- Marketing monitoring and evaluation
- Installation, screening and exhibition support
- Film reviewing opportunities
- Project administration
- Assistance with Alchemy Film & Arts archive
- Assistance with Alchemy Film & Arts library
- Training in relevant production or curatorial fields of interest
- Opportunity to take on roles of greater responsibility
- Opportunity to develop a public or internal output to focus professional development
- Keen interest in skills development
- Desire to work in a team
- Administrative and communication skills
- Timekeeping and ability to work unsociable hours
- IT proficiency
- Interest in visual arts, film and creative industries
We are seeking three individuals to undertake Traineeships between August 2021 and August 2022. Two positions are available for a three-month period, and one position is available for a six-month period:
3 month Traineeship: £1825 (expected 2 days per week for 12 weeks)
6 month Traineeship: £3650 (expected 2 days per week for 24 weeks)
This contract for services is offered on a freelance, self-employed basis. The parties to this agreement will agree a schedule of deliverables on a month-by-month basis. The contractor will invoice monthly for agreed deliverables.
Alchemy Film & Arts, Hawick, Scottish Borders
Travel support and access support available
We will remain relatively flexible to accommodate Trainees’ existing work/other commitments.
Please send a CV and Cover Letter outlining your relevant experience and why you’re interested in the role of Trainee to:
Please specify in your email subject heading your name and the role you are applying for.
Please also specify your availability for the position between August 2021 and September 2022.
Deadline: Midnight, Monday 21 June
Interview: Monday 28 June via Zoom