WELCOME > HOW TO ACCESS
This page contains information on tickets, access measures and other policies at Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival 2022.
PUBLIC TICKETS TO CINEMA SCREENINGS
- All cinema screenings in Heart of Hawick are priced £3 / £5 / £7 on a ‘pay as you can’ basis. No proof of circumstances is required, though we do ask audiences to be honest so that our inclusive pricing model can be sustained.
- Tickets are available from Heart of Hawick’s box office and website; tickets are also linked to from each screening’s page.
DELEGATE TICKETS TO CINEMA SCREENINGS
- A limited number of delegates’ tickets are available for each screening; delegates should collect tickets from the information desk on the Heart of Hawick mezzanine (first floor) on the day of the screening.
- Exhibitions are free to enter without a ticket.
- Except for 16mm presentations, all films in this year’s programme are captioned for D/deaf and Hard-of-Hearing audiences.
- Content warnings for all programmes can be found at the top of each programme page.
GENDER NEUTRAL BATHROOMS
- Bathrooms in Heart of Hawick, Unit Four and 8 Croft Road, Hawick Film & Video Group are all gender neutral during the festival.
- A text-only version of our print brochure is available and can be downloaded as a Word document.
- Since its 2021 edition, Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival has not listed the premiere status of films in its programme. Alchemy Film & Arts believes premiere policies – whereby a film is disqualified from screening at one event because it was exhibited by another – actively produce competition, disparity and territorialism between artists, communities and curators.
- In the spirit of working together and in solidarity with artists, we invite friends and peer organisations to challenge a global system that can only ever favour those already dictating its terms, and/or those able and inclined to travel long distances to enjoy and participate in art.
SUBMISSIONS AND FEES
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival’s line-up consists solely of newly commissioned work and films selected from an open call for submissions. We keep our submission fees as low as possible and also provide fee waivers – no questions asked – to any artist in need of one.
- Alchemy Film & Arts pays all artists selected as part of its screening and exhibitions programmes.
WELCOME > HOW TO ACCESS