EMERGING CREATIVE PRODUCER (APPLICATIONS CLOSED)
We are currently seeking an Emerging Creative Producer to join our team and help us deliver an exciting new programme of activity and events around growing as part of a Scotland-wide project.
Please note that this is a supported role and that resources for travel and/or relocation costs are available. We can also provide reasonable computing equipment required of the role to any successful candidate.
Term: Fixed term contract for 10 months, January – October 2022
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week) including evenings and weekends when required
Salary: £24,000 per annum, £20,000 salary for this full-time 10-month contract
Holidays: 21 days plus 8 public holidays for this 10-month period
Location: Hawick, Scottish Borders
Accountable to: Rachael Disbury, Alchemy Film & Arts Director
Alchemy Film & Arts is a cultural organisation invested in film as a means of generating discussion, strengthening community, and stimulating creative thought.
We bring the highest quality experimental film to Hawick and the Scottish Borders, celebrating artistic excellence through a diverse range of year-round events – including exhibitions, commissions, residencies and an internationally renowned annual film festival.
Dandelion is an ambitious creative programme exploring collective action and our connection with the food we eat and the joy of sharing what we grow, cook and listen to.
Rooted in Scotland, with an international outlook and sustainability at its heart, the Dandelion programme follows the arc of the growing season, from April to September 2022, and will culminate in hundreds of Harvest Festivals across Scotland. You can read more about Dandelion on their website.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and delivering a creative programme in partnership with local communities in and around Dandelion’s Unexpected Gardens project, including curating a Harvest Festival event in September 2022.
- Exploring ideas or issues around growing, climate crisis and culture that matter to the people living in the communities in which you are working.
- Working with Alchemy to manage the creative programming budget for the Unexpected Garden.
- Coordinate and maintain Alchemy’s social media channels
- Working with the wider Dandelion team to ensure that all of your activities have appropriate licenses, insurance and risk assessments in place.
- Being curious and excited about learning new things and developing your skills by participating in training opportunities offered by Dandelion and Alchemy.
- Actively participating in the national network of Dandelion Emerging Creative Producers.
- Collaborating with a Dandelion Musician in Residence and SRUC students who will spend 10 weeks on paid work placements with Dandelion through the Tattie Army initiative.
- Where appropriate, making links between the work you are developing in the community and the work that is going on through the Dandelion Schools Growing Initiative in local schools.
Skills and Experience
This opportunity is open to emerging creative practitioners of any age.
You will have less than five years of work experience producing events.
We recognise that all types of work experience are valuable and provide useful transferable skills, so please do tell us about your previous work history and the skills you can bring to Dandelion.
It is essential that all Emerging Creative Producers have:
- Experience of working with artists
- Experience in creating and developing a project or programme from initial seed through to delivery, with demonstrable experience of generating creative ideas and realising them
- An ability to build relationships with communities, colleagues, external partners and stakeholders
- The ability to manage different priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent IT skills
Please apply in a format that feels comfortable to you. This could be in writing (maximum two A4 sides for a covering letter) or by submitting an audio recording or a video (maximum 10 minutes).
Please tell us why this opportunity appeals to you and what you could bring to Dandelion. We ask you to apply directly to Alchemy Film & Arts. The expectation is that you will live in the community in which the organisation is based. Please send your application to Rachael Disbury: email@example.com.
Dandelion is hosting Zoom calls for anyone interested in applying for this or any other Emerging Creative Producer role, at 1 – 2pm and 8 – 9pm on Wednesday 1 December. If you would like to join one of these calls, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE (APPLICATIONS CLOSED)
Monday 9 December 2021 (12pm)
Interviews: 13 – 17 December 2021
Alchemy Film & Arts is committed to improving equality and equity across the arts. Our Inclusivity Policy can be found here: https://alchemyfilmandarts.org.uk/inclusivity-policy/.