Read More is an ongoing Alchemy Film & Arts project designed to encourage additional engagement with its film exhibitions and other events. Available to read at relevant exhibitions and in Common Room, the open-access space inside the Alchemy Film & Arts office, Read More consists of books and other reading materials recommended by artists to complement their Alchemy-related events.
‘s contribution to Read More
coincides with Bog Myrtle and Flamethrowers
, the new film exhibition he created during an Alchemy-funded artist residency in August 2019. Exhibited 27 September – 11 October 2019 at 53 High Street, Hawick, Bog Myrtle and Flamethrowers
is part of Forage/Image
, Alchemy’s project exploring the relationship between artists, landscapes and environment.
with Karel can be read here
- BENNETT, Jane (2010). Vibrant Matter: A Political Ecology of Things. Durham: Duke University Press.
- BERNERS-LEE, Mike (2019). There is No Planet B: A Handbook for the Make or Break Years. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- BRAIDOTTI, Rosi (2012). The Posthuman. Oxford: Polity Press.
- KIMMERER, Robin Wall (2013). Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants. Minneapolis, Minnesota: Milkweed.
- KOHN, Eduardo (2013). How Forests Think: Toward an Anthropology Beyond the Human. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- MARKS, Laura U. (2002). Touch: Sensuous Theory and Multisensory Media. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- MORTON, Timothy (2009). Ecology without Nature: Rethinking Environmental Aesthetics. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- SITNEY, P. Adams (1987). The Avant-Garde Film: A Reader of Theory and Criticism. New York: New York University Press.
READ MORE INDEX