Alchemy Film & Arts’ strategic vision is informed by an investment in film as a means of generating discussion, strengthening community, and stimulating creative thought.
Champion experimental film and artists’ moving image.
- Advocate artistic excellence in the field of experimental film and artists’ moving image.
- Initiate critical dialogue around and between a diverse range of artists.
- Embrace the artistic and social potential of digital innovation.
- Research and platform analogue forms of moving-image technology.
- Develop audiences’ appreciation and understanding of experimental film and artists’ moving image.
- Maintain our position at the forefront of film and artistic curation – locally, nationally and internationally.
Work to the benefit of the unique communities we engage.
- Widen accessibility and inclusion for artists, audiences, participants and partners by challenging social, access and communication barriers.
- Enhance social wellbeing and encourage critical and reflective thinking through educational and developmental opportunities.
- Provide a desirable platform to a diverse range of artists, nurturing new talent wherever possible.
- Contribute to Hawick’s economic regeneration through an investment in its cultural identity.
- Create a positive and supportive working environment for staff, artists, volunteers and board members.
- Be a beacon of hospitality and openness.
Contribute to cultural conversations on a local, regional, national and international scale.
- Create frameworks through which local concerns can be explored and understood in relation to global concerns.
- Be active in and responsive to international conversations around film practice, cultural participation and organisational governance.
- Share, pool and maximise resources with strategically identified partners to address, challenge and overcome widespread precarity.
- Implement sustainable carbon management methods to explore environment as a defining factor in quality of life.
- Continue to develop a practice that is responsive to issues of equalities, diversities and inclusion.
- Place self-reflection and -evaluation at the forefront of cultural management.